Saturday, January 7, 2012

Potty Training 101

People tell us what a smart little girl you are all the time, Caroline. But over the past 48 hours you have absolutely blown us away. I felt like you were ready to begin potty training, despite the fact that many people told us it would be pointless to start before you turned 2. Maybe you just like proving people wrong. :)

We got you a cute princess potty that plays music and says "yay!" when you go.







And guess what? The very first time I sat you down on the potty you peed! The music started going off and you smiled from ear to ear. You were so proud of yourself! After being rewarded with a Reese's Miniature, you went along with your day like it was no big deal. Since then I've been taking you to the potty every hour or so -- you either pee or hop right up. Today, day 2 of training, you successfully peed in the potty NINE times. You are only 15 months old -- I honestly wasn't expecting you to catch on this quickly! Your daddy and I are so proud of you!

The first time you did it I honestly thought it might've been a fluke. But you've been consistently going for the past 2 days... you rock, Caroline!

We went to Target tonight and got you some big girl underwear and different treats for when you go (tiny granola bars & chewy Chips Ahoy cookies). We also have an "Elmo's Potty Time" DVD heading our way from Amazon. :)

I know this is just the beginning of a very long process but you are off to an amazing start! Buh-bye, diapers!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment