Monday, October 29, 2012

Caroline, you are two years old!

Caroline, you are officially in your "terrible twos" -- which have been absolutely wonderful so far! Sure, you're starting to test our patience a little more. You love to sit down in the middle of the road when we're crossing a street and you scream bloody murder when I give you a bath -- but that's all balanced out by wonderful moments. This blog post will touch on just a few of them.. I'd be blogging for days on end if I wrote about everything cute/smart/amazing you do! :)

You are absolutely in love with the moon. It's a strange obsession & I'm not exactly sure how it began, but when you spot the moon in the sky you grin from ear-to-ear. If I'm having trouble getting you dressed (you are so stubborn sometimes! "No pants, mama! No pants!"), I'll ask if you want to go outside and look for the moon. You immediately light up and want to get dressed as quickly as possible -- it's adorable. We need to get you the book "Papa, Please Get The Moon For Me" -- it was a favorite of mine when I was little & I have a feeling you'd love it, too.

Speaking of favorites, you are currently in love with a TV show on Nickelodeon called Bubble Guppies. You get so excited when you hear the theme song come on and yell out "GUPPIES!" in delight. You also currently enjoy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins & Little Einsteins.

I love the stage you are at verbally right now -- you are putting together phrases and short sentences all the time. One of your favorite things to say is "Mama/Dada/whoever you're talking to, you're awesome!" The other day you told me a piece of Swiss cheese was "broken" as your looked through the holes. Anytime anyone says "ouch!" or the equivalent, you immediately ask them "you okay? You good?" You have a genuine concern for others & that makes me so happy. You are able to tell us what you want clearly now -- saying "I want Mickey Mouse." "I want a cup." You are also super precious when you want to show someone something in another room -- you grab their hand and pull saying "Come on! Come on! Let's go! Come on!" I also love, love, LOVE when you see a picture of yourself or look in the mirror -- you say "Look! Cara-nine (Caroline)!" I'm also EXTREMELY proud of the fact that "please" and "thank you" are constant words in your vocabulary these days.. you are so polite! :)

You are so generous with your hugs and kisses lately, too! If I'm in a bad mood you'll almost always offer me a hug ("want hug, mama?") and at that point it doesn't even matter what was wrong.

You also have a newfound love for taking care of your baby doll, Gabby. She was mine when I was a little girl, so it melts my heart to see you pushing her around in your stroller, covering her up with a "blankie" or wanting to bring her with us when we run errands. On the occasions when you do drop/throw her, you immediately look concerned & say "Oh no! Gabby okay?" Pure precious. I think your big sister skills are starting to develop -- good timing!

In a little over 6 weeks you'll officially be a big sister, Caroline. I hope you have a very special bond with your sister, especially since you'll be so close on age.

Your dad and I will always treasure the two years we had together as a family of three -- you are the single greatest thing that ever happened to me. I had my life "on track" and was then thrown a curve ball when I found out I was pregnant with you with a semester left in grad school. And you know what I learned? Having YOU is what I was meant to do, not all that other stuff I had planned. I've learned more about life from you in these past two years than I did at my whole time in college. Every single day I say to you "Caroline, did you know you're my best friend?" You always smile & reply "You're my buddy!" I hope we are always this close & have a special relationship. <3

Enough sappy stuff... what's on the horizon for you? Wednesday is Halloween and you're going to be Tigger! Our #1 choice for your costume would've been Minnie Mouse, but you are completely unwilling to keep headbands/hats/bows on right now and that was a major part of the outfit. This will be your first year going trick-or-treating and I can't wait! We will also be heading up to Bloomington this weekend for a football game -- hopefully you enjoy it as much as you did last season. And hopefully your 2T cheerleader outfit still fits.. if not we'll be making a stop at the IU Bookstore before the game! ;) I will take lots of pictures this week & do my next blog post soon! This is definitely something I need to work on more. You will also have your two year checkup next Monday -- your pediatrician was out of the office all month -- so I can post your stats from that!

As you'll be able to tell from these pictures, you are a SUPER cute little girl. You continue to get compliments from strangers on a regular basis -- something I never get tired of. ;)















































































Location:N Green River Rd,Evansville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment