Friday, July 1, 2011

Better late than never....

I've been wanting to start a blog for Caroline since I was pregnant. I kept thinking "yeah, I need to do that" and it just never happened until now. I'm definitely a slacker when it comes to updating her baby book - something my mom did such a good job with when I was a baby. I'll record the basics - her weight/length after doctor visits and major milestones like the first time she ate solid foods. But my whole motivation behind this blog is that I can put all the in between stuff here. Things that make her laugh. Likes and dislikes. Special moments.

Who knows if Caroline's generation will still blog when they are older? It may be seen as the old fashioned thing to do, like writing a handwritten letter to someone. But I want to make the effort. My biggest regret is that I didn't start this up earlier in her life.

Our sweet Caroline Grace was born on October 4th, 2010 at 3:51 P.M. at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Newburgh, Indiana. I delivered her via emergency c-section at 40 weeks & 6 days. During labor, our oxygen levels were getting dangerously low and the doctor was worried about both of us. But she was delivered safely and at a healthy weight of 7 lbs, 13 ounces! So many people came to visit Caroline during our 4 day stay at the hospital. Everyone was astonished at how beautiful she was and how much she looked like her daddy.

Caroline has had a happy and healthy first 9 months of her life and we are extremely thankful for that. Everywhere we go, someone tells me "that's the happiest baby I've ever seen!" She's such a little ham that likes to make everyone around her laugh. You can already see her sense of humor emerging and its so wonderful.
At (almost) 9 months old Caroline has: been on an airplane, vacationed in Florida (she's definitely a beach girl), been to a Red Sox/Yankees baseball game, and visited our local zoo many times.
I can't wait to blog about all of her future adventures and milestones. I know my Facebook friends will probably be slightly relieved since right now I'm using that venue to update everyone on her milestones. Even though I care about all the little stuff that happens to her, I know they probably don't. ;)
Although as her mother I'm a little biased, I really feel that there is something special about Caroline. She's a wonderful human being and I really  feel she's going to make something special of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment