Friday, July 29, 2011

Caroline's First Pageant

I watch "Toddlers & Tiaras" on TLC all the time and I'll admit it, I judge those mothers. I don't have anything against pageants. It's the extremes that some of those moms go to -- especially when the child isn't interested in participating, that's what really gets under my skin. But for some reason, I can't help but watch that show when I see it's on. Go figure.

Last night Caroline participated in the Vanderburgh County 4H Fair's Tiny Tots Contest. It's for ages 0-4, but they divide the age divisions up by 6-month increments. So she competed against other 6-12 month old babies. I was very surprised how much effort parents put into their kid's costumes and props! One little girl was decked out in peacock feathers and several came on stage on their own floats.

Despite the fact that our costume wasn't very detailed, Caroline was freaking adorable and I was so incredibly proud of her. She wore a red, white and blue tutu, bow, and onesie with a flag on it. Her music (that we got to pick) was "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz. I honestly believe (although I'm slightly biased) that if she would've smiled at the judges on stage, she would've won - hands down!. She gave us some of her beautiful smiles before and after going on stage, but there were a LOT of people in the audience and I think she got a little overwhelmed. We will definitely be participating again next year.. and will be kicking it up a notch (or two)! We've already been throwing around some ideas... :)

Here are some pictures of my munchkin all decked out in her patriotic gear...


We finally got a video camera this past week - something I've wanted since Caroline was born. We decided on a Sony Bloggie and I love it so far. It's the same size of my iPhone, has a 12 megapixel camera, and tons of internal memory. Here's a short video of Caroline on stage last night...

I honestly think the judges from last night should schedule an eye exam ASAP because Caroline is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. We did get a ribbon (that we will display proudly in her room) and a voucher for a free outdoor photo session at Straub Photography (where I got my senior pictures done) that is a $52 value. That will definitely get used.. I can't get enough pictures of my little beauty queen!

2 comments: