Thursday, September 8, 2011

11 month update!

Eleven months old? Seriously? I'm not even going to elaborate on how incredibly weird that sounds to me.



Caroline is all over the place at this age! I can hardly change her diaper without her attempting to be a little escape artist. Her crawling is a LOT faster now. She can zoom across the room in seconds -- especially if she sees something she wants (a favorite toy, string cheese, a bottle).

And speaking of bottles I'm currently attempting to transition her to a sippy cup. The process has been a little frustrating so far. When she was about 7 or 8 months old, I bought some small sippy cups with handles - she doesn't like those. A couple months later I bought some Elmo-themed larger sippy cups - she doesn't like those. Today I bought the Nuk sippy cups with the soft spout, the kind that's more similar to a bottle. I've tried giving it to her and few times today and she screams bloody murder. Not sure what's going on with that, but we're definitely not going to give up! It's time for her to give up her bottles and be a big girl. *sniff sniff*

She only has a few more weeks of formula and then we'll start her on whole milk. She's still eating very well -- eating pretty much any table food she can get get hands on! She's also loving fresh fruit this summer -- watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, bananas. Big fan of fruit!

One thing I am VERY proud of is the fact that Caroline hasn't used a pacifier in approximately a month! Pacis were always a take it or leave it kind of thing for her, so we just phased them out - no big deal. She's so awesome. :)

Birthday party planning is still underway -- invitations have been sent, cake has been ordered, and now I'm working on all the fun details! I know she'll never remember her first birthday, but I definitely want it to be a special day. She is the best thing that ever happened to me & it's the perfect day to celebrate that! :)

Here are some new pictures of my little munchkin.....





























































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment